WHAT IS THIS?

A RANT ABOUT THE GOOFY GUY AT SYCAMORE THREE, ANY OF HIS IDEAS, ANY OF HIS FRIENDS, AND ANYBODY ELSE.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Freedom of Speech, USA!

by Hobbert Ryde


       Well, as I was saying, if you want some good three-letter words, I've got a few myself, like F.B.I. and C.I.A.


       But I'm going to take it right from the top, with that simple three letter word that ought to be the most important word in our lives, in my book anyway.  That's right:  U.S.A.  Just think about that for a minute.


       Here, I'll use it in a sentence.  "God Bless the U.S.A."  What more do you need than that?


       Now I'm going to be the first one to honestly admit this:  sometimes when I'm watching TV and they sing that song, I just feel like I'm part of the audience right there, and it almost brings tears to my eyes.  (You can ask Ima Gine if you don't believe me.)  I don't see how anybody can sit through that song and not want to stand up and die for their country, if need be.


       There is no doubt that the proudest day of my life so far was on 9-11 when there were Congressmen who stood up right there in the rubble at Ground Zero and sang that song.  I bet you can remember it if you were there that day.


       And what was really uncanny, if you know what I mean, I could tell they really meant it.  Including liberal Democrats who probably hadn't used the word God in four years, all standing up there four-square behind our young president, George W. Bush, facing a dangerous unknown future as one.  I tell you, that did something for me.  (Ima Gine said she thought it was probably God's judgment that scared the fire out of them.  Maybe so.)  But I know I never thought I'd live to see the day.


       But I have to tell you that just the other day I saw another day that I thought I'd never live to see.  At that link on Sycamore Three to Doctor Roberts, I saw myself hearing a former member of the Reagan administration -- that's right, the Reagan administration -- trash-talking the U.S.A.  I couldn't believe it!


       Here, I'll give you his exact words:  "The First Amendment is being all but restricted to rah-rah Americans who chant USA! USA! USA!"


       I'll be honest with you, I was pretty ticked off.  I mean, I'm going to stand up proudly and say USA! USA! USA! whenever I hear the call, because to me that's the battle cry of freedom, and if you don't stand with us, you stand against us.


       And in case you didn't know, this isn't just me talking. I'm quoting George W. Bush right here and right now, and in case you didn't know, he was quoting a much Higher Power, and I'd like to see anybody argue with Him, if you know what I mean.


       But as far as I'm concerned, Mr. Roberts loses it right out of the starting gate, as we say around here.  So I'm going to parse it for him.


       The First Amendment was written by Americans.  Right?


       The First Amendment was written for Americans. Right?


       So let's see, Doctor, if you can handle this simple logic:  The First Amendment was written by Americans for Americans.  Get it?  Is there anything else you need to know that I can help you with?


       You say "The First Amendment is being all but restricted to rah-rah Americans."  Well, for my money, what better group to restrict it to, if you know what I mean?  Do you think it was written for liberals and Democrats who are always trying to tear down our country?  Does that make some kind of sense to you?


       I hate to say this, but I'm really ashamed.  I'm ashamed of you for that kind of trash-talk.  I'm even more ashamed of Goofy over at Sycamore Three for linking to it.


       You guys and Ron Paul deserve each other.  As far as I'm concerned it's Dumb and Dumber, if you know what I mean.  You keep talking about freedom of speech.  Why don't you use it and stand up for the USA in her hour of need?


       You act like you don't know that the world has changed while you've been sitting there singing Kumbayah, or whatever you do.


       Well, in case you hadn't noticed, we live in a day when a single religious fanatic in a cave in Afghanistan armed with nothing but a cell phone can call up four planes and attack our freedoms in a single day.  That's the world I live in, bucko.


       I hate to have to say this, but really, get a life.





-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

For fun, this was

No comments:

Post a Comment